Professional Level Technician Certifications
Certification is an aid in identifying the scope and level of a technician's competency. HVAC Excellence offers progressive levels of certification that identify knowledge and skill levels of
individual’s through each phase of their career.
Professional Level Certifications are earned by passing both prerequisite and closed-book comprehensive exams (paper or online) administered by approved test administrators. Each
certification measures level of knowledge possessed by field personnel.
Prerequisite: 2 years of verified field experience and a passing grade on the Core Exam.
Persons who successfully pass their exams are awarded an HVAC Excellence patch, a chevron for the area specific certification they pass and a wall certificate.
- Core Exam - Principles of Electrical and Refrigeration Theory (Prerequisite for all exams)
- Residential Air Conditioning
- Light Commercial Air Conditioning
- Light Commercial Refrigeration
- Heat Pump Service
- Heat Pump Installer
- Gas Heat
- Electric Heat
- Residential Heat Load Calculation
- Residential & Light Commercial Hydronic Heat
- Certified Carbon Monoxide Inspector *
- Combustion Analysis *
- Universal R-410A *
- Green Awareness *
* Core examination not required for certification.
Take the HVAC Excellence Challenge
Take the test and show you are the best. For a test site near you, call 1-800-394-5268.
Trainers learn more about offering the exams.
Comparative Analysis Reports
Proctors can access an online comparative analysis, which allows them to evaluate the effectiveness of their training.
Click image to enlarge